Saturday, April 2, 2011

FINALLY BASEBALL HAS STARTED !!!!


I don't know if any ones more excited about the start of the baseball season than I am lol. Played it my whole life, love watching it and this sport makes me a ton of money. Now I'm a big Chicago White Sox fan and have been for years but I will always have a soft spot for the Toronto Blue Jays. I'm from the hammer so I guess ya could say there like my home team. Tonight was there home opener and they went off on the twins winning 13-3. Everything was clicking, aggressive base running, timely hitting, great pitching and a stellar defence. Now I have seen this time and time again. They start the first 1/4 of the season off killing it and than boom goes the dynamite, half there lineup get injured and they lose 2 key starters and stink it up. This is why I'm not going to go all crazy yet on how there going to contend for the AL EAST. With teams like the NY Yankees, Boston Red Sox, and the Tampa Bay Rays in the division it's going to be a tough climb to the top. Young healthy unknown starters could be the best or worst thing for them. Young players looking to prove them self's in the bigs could be a big motivator to pitch well. Also for the first few starts there may not be a huge scouting report of some of them. On the other hand can they keep there shit together when they step on the hill against a team like the Yankees or Red Sox. This team kinda reminds me a little bit like the Tampa Bay Rays a few years back with a bunch of young arms, some speed and a few big bats tossed in there for the bombs. All and all I think if they can stay healthy, keep there young arms fresh, be aggressive on the base paths , and keep getting that timely hitting they got a real good shot to contend this year. In the next week I'm going to do a little write up on the pitching staff and what not. Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great site